Monokot Server Administrator is a graphical client for managing and configuring the Monokot OPC Server. The program does not perform the function of the OPC UA client and is intended solely for configuring objects and server settings. The main program window is shown below.
On the left side of the main window is the Connection Explorer. It displays available connections to the server and provides access to various managers to configure objects and server settings. To open the manager, expand the required connection and double-click on the desired item.
The program automatically connects to the server. After successful connection, the manager will populate with data and become available for use.
To delete a connection from the Connection Explorer, select it and press the Delete key. You can only delete a closed connection
At the top of the main window, the main toolbar is located. Main toolbar buttons, with the exception of the New button, act in the context of the selected connection.
- New – opens a dialog box for creating a new connection
- Connect or Disconnect – opens or closes the selected connection
- Settings – opens a dialog box for editing the selected connection
Editing the Host and Port fields is only possible when the connection is closed
- Undo – cancels the action taken by the user for the selected connection
- Redo – repeats the action taken by the user for the selected connection
Undo and Redo lists of actions are created separately for each connection. After synchronization, the Undo and Redo will become inaccessible
- Sync – synchronizes client state with the server for the selected connection
After you have made any changes using the Sync button, the counter will appear. Most changes take effect only after the Sync button is pressed
- Upload Config – upload server configuration for the selected connection
- Download Config – download server configuration for the selected connection
The workspace of the main window displays the active manager. At the top of the workspace previously opened managers are shown. Switching between them affects the selected connection and is shown in the Connection Explorer. Notice that the header tabs are generated based on the following rule: [manager name]([connection name]).